Samsung phones are really made in India
India is now the second largest smartphone market in the world
The US has been dethroned as the second largest smartphone market. A new report from Counterpoint Research estimates that India has overtaken the United States to become the second largest smartphone market with an estimated 158 million devices shipped to the country in 2019. China is still the world leader in the first place.
Interestingly, India's rise to second place is largely thanks to Chinese smartphone manufacturers. Phones made by companies like Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and Realme account for a whopping 72 percent of the devices shipped to India in 2019. The report cites this fact of the cheap smartphones from Chinese manufacturers as the cause of the growth in the country.
The popularity of these China-based smartphone manufacturers in India is also attributed to the overall growth of the companies themselves. For example, when it comes to Xiaomi, even more people in India buy these phones than in China itself.
Apple has also seen growth in India. The report attributes this to the price cuts on the company's iPhone XR model, as well as the launch of the new iPhone 11 series. The same cannot be seen in Samsung, however, as the company saw no growth at all in India last year. Much more, their numbers stagnated in this market and sales fell 5 percent over the course of the year.
And what does it all mean now? It is said that smartphones are becoming more and more accessible to the large and growing population of India. become. Now that the country is the world leader in the smartphone market after China, the brands will be attentive to the wants and needs of Indian consumers. I am curious to see which innovations will be apparent through this growth spurt.
- Where do we use technology
- Which books are used for road building?
- Romanians can understand Vlachs
- The EMR system reduces burnout at the doctor
- How old was Buddha when he died
- How would you describe traditional values
- Has Suriname Dutch
- Why are you taking risks
- What are the strange rules in Singapore
- Are data centers a good career choice
- What do you think about coworking spaces
- Makes Meftal Spas lighter periods
- What are the names of the brothers of Jesus
- What are the benefits of mantra meditation
- Is the body language reliable for everyone
- English food is very bad
- What is the future of job boards
- How to trigger labor after 34 weeks
- When will the West respect China?
- Which continent has the youngest population?
- Why do people like to watch mukbangs
- How are Slovaks
- How does Google discipline employees
- Why do I feel depressed all the time