Are narcissists ever submissive
psychologynarcissism - in the Age becomes it better
Narcissists are people who are particularly self-indulgent and incapable of criticism and who try to impose their opinion on other people. Two psychologists from the University of Michigan in the USA have investigated that narcissistic traits decrease with age. Kerstin Ruskowski from Deutschlandfunk-Nova-Nachrichten took a closer look at the investigation.
The two researchers say that over time, people are compelled to learn that they are not the center of the world. For example through relationships, new experiences and starting a family. In young adulthood, the first job changes your self-image particularly strongly, because there you often have to endure criticism. You realize that you have no or less idea than your colleagues. You also learn that narcissistic traits don't necessarily get you anywhere if you want to have friends and deep relationships, says the study's lead author.
"The decrease in narcissism is most pronounced in young adulthood, but it doesn't stop completely over time. You never stop learning when it comes to self-criticism."
The researchers examined this decreasing narcissism on the basis of around 750 participants between the ages of 13 and 77, whose data had been collected in various studies. The two psychologists from Michigan compiled this data in their study.
Character traits develop differently
Various forms of narcissistic character traits were examined in the studies. During the evaluation, the researchers found that character traits develop differently. Narcissistic traits like hypersensitivity and stubbornness decrease as you get older. At the same time, people become more independent and ambitious as they age. Differences between the different generations were also found. Later generations were less hypersensitive and instead more independent than earlier generations. In general, it can be said that young people are more self-loving than older people. Because that changes with age and self-love decreases.
- Why is life so hard and boring
- How did you maintain a secret relationship
- What is Mayotte
- What do I do when I visit London
- Motorola is a Chinese brand
- How do popular children become popular
- Are you going to leave Islam
- What are your pleasant experiences in Bangalore
- Can the average student do CA
- How was Bruce Lee paralyzed
- How do I recognize synthetic diamonds
- Have you ever had a special pet?
- Is pornography allowed in Armenia and Azerbaijan
- How can greed destroy us
- What always excites you
- What is the national dish of America
- Narcissists withdraw when life gets tough
- What is the poorest state in India
- Why do Filipinos eat with their hands
- Could I get CIMA jobs in Dubai
- How was the Bible compiled
- How is Chinese cuisine perceived in Japan
- What is involved in human resource development
- What kind of apps do seniors want