Which fabric doesn't smell after sweating?
This is how you get rid of the stink from synthetic clothing
Question from Noki on alpin.de: Hi Olaf, I actually like synthetic sports clothes because they are light and wick away sweat well in my favorite sports, trail running and mountain biking.
But what really annoys me is that sooner or later things start to stink badly, regardless of whether they are pants or shirts. Even from brand manufacturers and with these silver parts in there, it is only a matter of time and you can actually only put on the often acidic parts if you know that you will not meet anyone on the way.
Means: You will soon buy something new again, although the things are still completely ok in terms of function and appearance. are. That can not be. What can you a, do that the parts don't start to stink and what can you b, do to remove the stench again? Thanks and regards, Noki
Answer from Olaf: As far as function is concerned, I am completely up to you. In sweat-intensive sports, synthetic functional underwear is superior to all natural products (merino, etc.). But synthetic stinks quickly.
There is now a remedy that is very effective against stinking quickly: Polygiene. I tried it out in different ways and was very impressed. There are items of clothing that are equipped with Polygiene by default (extra tag on the product), but you can also apply it afterwards, e.g. wash or spray. It lasts for several washes and doesn't mean that your shirt doesn't smell at all, but noticeably less. Try it out.
Inquiry from Noki on alpin.de: Hi Olaf, thanks for your answer with the clothes. I ordered the spray and it has at least gotten a lot better. Let's see how long it will last. My buddy said you should definitely prevent the smell from developing in the first place.
So do not throw your clothes in the dirty laundry, scrunched up wet and sweaty, but hang them up to dry immediately after exercising or - even better - throw them in the freezer and from there into the washing machine. The freezing temperatures would kill the bacteria. Is that so? And can the material tolerate minus 18 degrees? And the washing machine a hard-frozen part? Thanks and Greetings
Answer from Olaf: Sweaty and crumpled up, preferably in a plastic bag, that doesn't sound really good. Odors are definitely more likely to arise there. Basically: dry as quickly as possible. But if you wash the item of clothing afterwards anyway, in my opinion you don't need to put it in the freezer beforehand. What is that supposed to help?
Basically, the cold kills bacteria. Ski touring liners (or climbing shoes), for example, can easily be put in the freezer. But that's not a panacea either. My experience with polygiene in clothing and shoes is much better. Antibacterial shoe deodorants or even normal deodorant sprays only help with shoes.
You can find more questions from readers and users as well as Olaf's answers at: alpin.de/olaf.
Do you also have a question for Olaf? Then use the comment function below!
Olaf Perwitzschky is ALPIN test editor and state-certified mountain guide. Mountains are his passion - and your questions are a challenge for him! Every month he answers your concerns in the ALPIN booklet under the well-known heading "Olaf will sort it out!"
Text by Olaf Perwitzschky
0 commentswrite a comment
- Why did Moses kill the Egyptian guard?
- What is Singapore like as a biotech hub
- What is a nuclear family
- What are the best technologies to work
- What are the effects of rapid inflation
- Asylum seekers can go to any country
- What is meant by human resource management
- Is 23 in his early or mid twenties
- Why is food so expensive in Canada
- How do you organize your social life
- What is your favorite song about life
- Why is the Colombian population dominated by blacks
- Is the Australian and New Zealand cuisine similar
- What is the Arabic word for whore
- How is inflation measured in India
- Why should you tell your employees about your salary
- What is a Laobr x-ray
- Who discovered the cell phone
- How do I get an unemployment form
- How does seawater affect concrete?
- What was the greatest tragedy of your life?
- How many animals make up a zoo
- How can nuclear weapons be seized from Pakistan?
- How many types of posture are there?