Parents should beat up their child for bullying
What can I do if my child is bullied?
Content of this article:Show
31.2 percent of German students have been "bullied or finished off" at least once. This was the result of a study by the Center for Applied Health Sciences at the University of Lüneburg. It is well known that there will always be conflicts in schools. But bullying goes much further: insults become permanent, disputes are not adequately resolved. For affected students, going to school quickly becomes a nightmare.
Is my child being bullied? Correctly interpret alarm signals
In order to recognize whether your child is being bullied, you should pay attention to the following alarm signals (these do not apply to all of them equally, but come in different forms):
Children who are bullied
- often withdraw, appear anxious and dejected.
- complain of health problems such as Headache or abdominal pain Loss of appetite and insomnia.
- appear nervous and tense, especially after school.
- no longer want to go to school alone, but want to be brought by their parents.
- often do not want to go to school at all. School achievements fall rapidly from.
- make excuses for physical injury, loss or damage to property.
- avoid classmates and prefer to stay home alone in the afternoon.
Tips for parents: what can I do if my child is bullied?
If you suspect your child is being bullied, act quickly. Your first point of contact is your child. The social pedagogue and expert on the subject of "bullying among children and adolescents", Frank Schallenberg, advises children encourage talkingbut not to rush. Once the topic is on the table, parents should wait for the child to approach them.
In a second step, parents have to contact the school. Talk to that Class or trust teacher or contact the school management (here you will find tips for the teacher interview). Often times, the bullying is part of a class dynamic that can best be resolved by the school itself. If your child's school is not heard, you should not hesitate to contact the appropriate person Education Office or the School Psychological Service to turn. You can also find information and advice at child and youth welfare at http://www.kinder-jugendhilfe.info/
Keep in contact with the school: Attend parenting days and parenting evenings to keep up to date with what is going on at your child's school. This is how you show your child that you know and they won't feel left alone.
You should be better off though do not contact the bully (s) directlyas you weaken your child's position.
Have your back!
As important as it is to get outside help and tackle bullying, it is also important that you build up and be your child improve self-confidence:
- Let your offspring know that you are always there.
- Take the time to listen and show your child that you are take seriously.
- Make it clear that the Under no circumstances blame himself is to be looked for, but the perpetrator makes a mistake.
- Build your child's self-confidence good persuasion, sporting activities or others Hobbies. With every success that your child records, self-esteem increases.
What can my child do if they are bullied?
- Children who are victims of bullying attacks should adjust to the specific attack situation so that they remain as calm as possible when the time comes. React calmly and with no apparent concern for bullying, this confuses the bully and robs them of the target.
- When children share the bullying situation at home with their parents Practice role play, they are not surprised by many actions and statements in an emergency and can react better to them.
- Children who are bullied gain strength when they are join a group within the class. As a result, a possible outsider position disappears.
- If your child recognizes which classmate is leading the bullying attacks, it helps to address them directly to reduce their power.
- Your child offers the least target for bullying attacks when they have a good self-esteem. So it is able to not to be intimidatedto laugh at one's own mistakes and "simply" positively portray the characteristics that make them bullied.
Tips in the video: What can be done against bullying?
However, if the bullying attacks are very numerous and the "outsider position" of your child has already established itself in the class, these strategies that your child can use themselves are only a supplementary method. In severe cases, victims of bullying can hardly defend themselves without the situation getting worse. you are dependent on outside help and thus on your direct initiative as parents.
What forms of bullying are there?
Bullying manifests itself in many different forms and is often not even recognized as such. Experts first differentiate between verbal bullying such as teasing, threats or mockery and physical bullying such as pushing, tricks or blows. These two forms are also referred to as direct bullying. On the other hand, it is more subtle indirect bullying, which includes the exclusion or damage to the reputation of individuals.
The reasons for bullying are very complex: the bullying has often experienced insults or violence themselves and compensate for their powerlessness by bullying or humiliating others. A "typical" victim of bullying does not exist.
Bullying has also arrived on the internet
The danger lurks not only on the way to school and in the school itself. A survey by the Universities of Münster and Hohenheim has shown that every third student has had experience with cyber-bullying. Cyber bullying, also known as Internet bullying or Internet bullying, summarizes forms of defamation, coercion and harassment of other people using the Internet or electronic means of communication.
Learn safely with scoyo:
- What is a Muslim without Allah
- How can I concentrate on my studies?
- How many people does Harry Potter kill
- Is sleep paralysis real?
- Can a Muslim eat Christmas dinner
- Who invented the cell phone?
- Lead democracies to dictatorships
- Maternity leave is a bad idea
- Which is the smallest animal in the world
- When do people get cheap
- Where do we lack creativity?
- Why are most people physically unattractive
- What are modern teenagers talking about
- Turkey goes into an economic crisis
- 13-year-olds can use tinder
- Why should I vote for Narendra Modi
- Why is aging not considered a disease
- Why do narcissists suck on the holidays
- What is Tony Stark's MBTI Personality Type
- Who believed in worshiping a supreme god
- How do you feel about teenage love
- What are civil construction designations
- What risk do you have to take?
- How do I stay motivated by myself
- Who can make a country prosperous?
- How powerful is the F 22 fighter jet
- Ireland is the best country
- Who was Fereydoun Farrokhzad
- What is your relationship status with Quora
- How old was Buddha when he died
- Minimum wage increases discourage hiring
- Shopping in a sale is always profitable
- What if water had no surface tension?
- Which Mexican food is known worldwide