Why are dreams only dreams?
Why not everyone can remember their dreams
Dreams are produced in sleep. But in order to save them, the brain has to be awake. So if you wake up less often at night, you have less time to archive your dreams. And then of course I can't remember it the next morning. Because what is not saved cannot be called up. The tendency for such nocturnal waking and storage phases seems to depend on the activity of a special brain region that processes external stimuli. This is what neuroscientist Perrine Ruby and her colleagues from the Lyon Neuroscience Research Center in France found out.
They had divided 41 volunteers into two groups: On the one hand, those who could remember their dreams well and who still had them present on average about five mornings a week. On the other hand, there are the "bad memories" who could only remember their dreams an average of twice a month. With the help of positron emission tomography, the researchers then measured the volunteers' brain activities during the nocturnal sleep and wake phases. It was shown that the "good memories" exhibited greater activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and, above all, in a junction between the temporal and parietal lobes. In an earlier study, the South African neuropsychologist Mark Solms had already proven that injuries to these two brain areas mean that you can no longer remember your dreams.
You might also be interested in
- What are some uses for old computers
- Is Jain food available in Mauritius
- How accurate are pulse oximeter devices
- How many bank accounts can someone open?
- What is demand attracting inflation in the economy
- Worshiping God Helps Find Peace of Mind
- Why is good food so expensive
- Fortune telling is reliable to some extent
- The ancient Romans were multiethnic
- How was Sakura raised without parents
- Is Kodak still there
- What leads to death in old age
- What was your mother's greatest weakness?
- Is Trump a senior
- Where do most Chinese live in America
- What can you expect from your life?
- What are progressive tax rates doing wrong
- What is a typical meal in Bahrain
- People still respect the elders
- Are you Chinese 3
- How does it feel to touch a woman
- Home Depot supplies wood
- What is currency stabilization
- Believe in Cliodynamics