How many faces are in a pyramid
The mysterious cavity in the Cheops pyramid poses a riddle
"For me, the location [of the cavity] makes that interpretation most likely," says Spence. "It's too well placed to get boulders into position up there."
According to Salima Ikram, an Egyptologist at the American University in Cairo, the location of the cavity directly above the Great Gallery could suggest that she played a role in building that area. Even so, she recommends that the current interpretations be used with caution. “I think it's never too early to speculate. But you can be pretty wrong, ”she says.
Time will tell whether these or other theories about the purpose of the cavity work. According to Tayoubi and the staff at ScanPyramids, work is only just beginning.
Anyone who dreams of perhaps even being able to enter the cavity themselves will be disappointed. There are no known corridors leading to this area and both researchers and other experts stress that there are no plans to physically enter this area in the future. Instead, they want to do everything in their power to take a non-invasive peek inside the cavity. (Worth reading: First look into the newly opened Egyptian tomb)
"There is a lot of heavy, thick rock, and if you drill into it, you don't know how that would affect the entire structure," says Ikram. “If there was anything behind the Mona Lisa, would you want to wipe it off to see what's there? You have to preserve the integrity of this building. ”(Worth reading: 3,500 year old Egyptian graves with mummies and death masks discovered)
The article was originally published in English on NationalGeographic.com.
- How do you define a good character
- What are the benefits of Bharat Ratan
- When did you go to school
- How often should grandparents see grandchildren?
- What factors affect the strength of the concrete
- Why are my parents destroying me
- How can I become an architect
- Holi is celebrated in Kerala
- A pinched nerve can cause dizziness
- What do you think of cleaning staff
- Who should clean the dishes
- How does rabbit meat taste?
- Is there something called a perfect life
- Why is gay marriage illegal in Singapore
- How can throughput decrease due to congestion?
- How does Apple manage its supply chain
- What is a muggle in Harry Potter
- How do I get rid of books
- Whose duty is it to pay the diplomats' salaries
- How Often Should You Discipline Your Children?
- How is abortion seen in your country?
- Can we do CA together with CMA?
- Why is beer carbonated?
- Is Florida really that bad