Depression can cause laziness
Depression (the word comes from Latin and means: to be depressed) is one of the most common mental illnesses and also one of the most common illnesses. According to the World Health Organization, WHO, 3 to 5% of the world's population, or 200 million people, are currently being treated for depression. The number of cases is presumably even higher, as many of those affected do not seek specialized treatment.
The causes are complex and can be based on a hereditary predisposition, a physical disposition, social conditions and other psychological factors. Special living conditions such as B. Extreme stress or distress can cause depression or prevent full recovery. However, some people experience depression even when living conditions are good. Depressive disorder is never caused by personal weakness, laziness, or a lack of willpower. It is a serious medical condition that can be treated.
The course of depressive disorders varies greatly. Some people have only one depressive episode in their life, while others have recurring episodes of depression.
Typical characteristics of the disease:
- persistent, depressed mood, hopelessness
- Loss of interest, lack of joy, satisfaction, ability to enjoy
- Lack of drive, indecision, fatigue
- Reduced self-esteem, feelings of guilt
- Fear and helplessness
- Tension and restlessness
- Physical complaints, sleep disorders
Thoughts of death and suicide are often part of depression. In these cases in particular, it is particularly important to find professional help immediately.
Depression can be treated. Successful treatment will eliminate symptoms of depression and help find your way back to normal life. Therapy consists of the administration of antidepressants, psychotherapy or a combination of both. Antidepressants are special, non-addictive drugs that help regulate metabolic processes in the nerve cells that are disturbed by depression. It is important to take this medication for a long enough time. In individual cases, other treatment methods can also be added, for example so-called light therapy.
- When do fighter jets go supersonic
- Can gunsmiths fix rust problems
- What is crowdsourcing
- Where was the Norwegian TV drama Acquitted filmed
- CBD helps with belt rose
- Why do clothes smell after storage
- Is Taehyung gay
- Buy China Australia out of existence
- What is a regiment
- How does McDonalds treat its employees
- Celebrities lie about their age
- How would you differentiate between management and administration
- What is the favorite breakfast in Brazil
- At what age do normal people get girlfriends?
- New Zealand is the new USA
- Are there nitrates in the breakfast sausage?
- Why do people rush with money
- Which USA visa should I apply for?
- Hinduism treasures Satan
- What is the most Americanized Asian country
- Which is the best knife
- How is summer sausage cooked
- What is Elon Musk's religion
- What are the uses of GDP