What makes us so important
Nothing works without water
Water fulfills important tasks for all life processes in the body:
- As a component of cells and tissues, water shapes the body
- Water is important for the fluid balance
- Water dissolves the solid components of food such as sugar, salt, some of the vitamins and minerals and carries the dissolved nutrients to the cells
- Water is the body's coolant. In extreme heat or exercise, profuse sweating prevents the body temperature from rising. The sweat evaporates, heat is released and the skin cools down
- Water causes fiber to swell
Fuel for the kidneys
Water is also an important means of transport for excretion processes. For example, our kidneys clean around 1700 liters of blood every day. As in a sewage treatment plant, worthless or harmful waste is filtered out and released in the urine. The clean blood flows back through the bloodstream. Likewise, the skin releases water when sweating, the lungs when breathing and the intestine when digesting. A healthy adult loses around two to three liters of body fluid per day.
The fluid balance must be replenished regularly so that the vital metabolic processes can take place without restriction. The need can be met through food intake and drinks. Without fluids, we could only survive for about three days.
Avoid dry spells
Surprisingly, the water losses do not occur immediately after the occurrence of the fluid loss, but rather most strongly on the following day. So there is no point in drinking more in the evening to make up for the losses of the day. It is important to have a balanced fluid intake that is distributed throughout the day.
Often people confuse the feeling of hunger with thirst. This can especially happen when people are not very conscious about their hydration. Hunger and thirst show similar signs. When people then drink enough, they automatically eat less.
- What are your favorite novels
- Riding is difficult
- What is your saddest memory of your children
- Why are soccer players such dramatic queens
- What is volume survey in civil engineering
- Which AI company is Elon worried about?
- What is intercultural impact
- Why are Hoeschen called a couple?
- How healthy is smoked haddock
- Luna Lovegood was beautiful
- Which currency is stronger
- What is the best shapewear for crossdressing
- Was Jesus Christ a vegetarian
- Why does my friend call me ugly
- Is Amazon bigger than Walmart
- How is addiction different from hoarding?
- How old are everyone who was born in 1951
- How do you deal with past regrets?
- Are humans a species
- Do you ever leave your home without makeup?
- Morgellons is linked to meth
- You can trust the self-diagnosis
- What kind of smell is that in a man's penis
- Why can I rarely finish a book