Who is the trade union minister
“Should we hang ourselves if no Covid vaccines are made”: Union Minister Sadananda Gowda
He said it would take another three to four days & # 039; Time to Make More Vaccines Available to Karnataka (Express File Photo)
Union Minister DV Sadananda Gowda asked on Thursday whether leaders should hang themselves if they fail to implement the vaccination program in accordance with court orders.
His statement came after the Karnataka Supreme Court on Tuesday teased the state and central government over the slow pace of vaccination in the state.
The Union Minister for Fertilizers and Chemicals, accompanied by BJP General Secretary CT Ravi, spoke at a press conference in Bengaluru about the positive steps taken by the Union government in the second wave of the pandemic.
They tried to defend the government by pointing out that the virus hadn't noticed them, but also admitted that the government's efforts may have been neglected in the face of the huge second wave.
Gowda said: & # 8220; If the court says tomorrow that you need to provide a certain amount of vaccine and that amount has not yet been made, can we hang ourselves? You have to think about all of these things too.
The Union minister responded to inquiries from courts pulling the government up over its vaccination program in the country.
& # 8220; There can be some shortcomings here and there. The vaccines need to be made. If the production is not as projected and there are insufficient APIs from other countries - if things are out of our control, can we manage them? & # 8221; he said.
& # 8220; When we started vaccinating for the 45 plus there wasn't much demand for vaccines and we figured we could cater to the 18-45 group as well. As soon as the second wave increased across the country, people started looking for vaccines & # 8230; We're trying our best and things will be fixed in a day or two. & # 8221; The Union Minister claimed.
Meanwhile, Ravi said that courts are not omniscient beings to comment on the vaccination program.
Judges are not Sarvajna (omniscient). Whatever is available from us and based on recommendations from the Technical Advisory Board, vaccines must be distributed. & # 8221; said the BJP leader.
Ravi also claimed that the situation could have been worse if the government hadn't
& # 8220; would have done. If we hadn't prepared for the crisis, there would have been a large number of deaths in the districts. The death would have been ten times as high as before & # 8230; The spread of the second wave exceeded our plans and expectations, and our efforts were insufficient. About a crore people were supplied with the first and second dose of the vaccine, & # 8221; Said Ravi.
The BJP leaders' comments came on a day when Prime Minister BS Yediyurappa announced that Karnataka was joining the ranks of other states that have suspended vaccinations for the 18-44 age group in order to focus on mopping up second doses for the over 45 year olds focus on healthcare and on the front lines.
📣 The Indian Express is now in telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay up to date on the latest news headlines.
For the latest India News, download the Indian Express App.
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources based on their journalistic standards.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt. Ltd. GmbH
- Why is Fortnite called Fortnite
- How do I export my onions
- Meth is physically addicting
- Are people who call themselves introverted introverted
- Trust intelligent home devices
- What does a hum mantra mean
- What did the flag of the Mughal Empire symbolize
- What is a WBM street
- Riding is difficult
- Home Depot supplies wood
- What is the most interesting history film
- What is a symplectic numerical algorithm
- Will Thinset stick to the painted drywall
- What is the greatest fear of a rich person
- Are interracial relationships right
- Tip for taxes
- When did you ever huddle together?
- Good times and bad are real
- What goods can we export from India
- What is the algorithm for the nearest k neighbors
- Why register a company in India
- Boeing loses its status
- Why do teenagers join gangs?
- Can C ++ be parsed correctly