Eating spiders cockroaches
Living spaces - in the house and garden
In their original habitat, cockroaches feed primarily on dead plant parts and fruits and make an important contribution to the decomposition of the litter and the formation of humus. The cockroaches are also an essential part of the food chains of many ecosystems. They therefore have an important function, especially in tropical forest ecosystems.
The risk of the disease being transmitted to humans and animals by cockroaches should not be underestimated. While the destruction of food by eating only plays a subordinate role, the contamination of food with cockroach excrement and germs is of great importance (bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa = single-celled cells, nematodes = roundworms). These microorganisms are mechanically spread through the body through vomited goiter contents or feces. The goitre content is particularly problematic, as the microorganisms can multiply here on a large scale. In addition, allergens are released from the contents of the goiter and parts of the cuticle. Pathogens can be transmitted or carried away by adhering to the surface of the carapace or through ingestion with food and later excretion.
In their natural environment, cockroaches serve as prey for many arthropods as well as amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. The discarded oothecae are parasitized by parasitic wasps. The larvae of the fan beetle (family Rhipiphoridae) also parasitize on cockroaches.
© Text: Reiner Pospischil
- Have you seen DevOps implementations fail?
- What makes Decathlon successful in Russia
- What holds you back most in life?
- Which finger joints are affected by osteoarthritis?
- What is the salary of GSI employees
- Did humans create cancer
- Who was the first billionaire in China
- Is Bill Gates richer than Donald Trump
- What was the saddest thing you lost
- What do Arabs think of Albanians
- What is golf
- How did you start a local cafe
- How would startups benefit from outsourcing
- How do I learn digital marketing in practice
- Why does the brain think further
- Is Haiti a beautiful place to live
- Which sides go well with chicken strips?
- How much does catastrophic health insurance cost
- In which industries do you invest
- Who discovered the cell phone
- If British regional accents are retained, dialects will be retained
- There are indigenous black Chinese today
- What should I do to get to Cambridge
- What does credentials mean
- Are employment agencies effective
- How are the largest rivers in Australia described
- Reads the tarot card a scam
- Why is the office overrated
- What are the different types of hotel rooms
- What are the most ridiculous complaints of all
- What does NAME HARSH
- What is taken as proof of address
- Who Needs Health Insurance In Australia