Why do dogs smell their crotch
That's why dogs sniff our crotch
Embarrassing when your own dog sniffs at the guests' crotch. But why do dogs do this and what can the dog owner do about it?
Dogs sniff out information
Dogs have an extremely powerful nose: with about 220 million olfactory cells the dog can be estimated a million different smells distinguish. So it's no wonder that dogs primarily rely on their noses to perceive their surroundings.
Sniffing and sniffing is one Basic need for the dog. It can be made up of many important odor-producing chemicals, also known as pheromones Information about conspecifics filter out. This includes:
To see if another dog is going to Suitable for reproduction or one Poses a threat, the dog uses its sense of smell.
That is why the dog sniffs at the crotch
Like dogs, we humans have so-called apocrine glandsthat release fragrances. These glands are increasingly located in ours Elbow crooks and in Genital area. If a dog wants to get to know a stranger better, the easiest way is to get information about the complex scents in our step - there they are numerous and easily accessible.
Women are sniffed more intensely
It gets even more interesting for the dog when Women have menstrual periods. Scientists have found that pheromones change in women during menstruation. The dog perceives the change. Sniffing at the woman is then many times more interesting for him and he therefore does it much more intensively.
The same phenomenon can be observed when a Woman ovulating Has. Dogs also recognize the fertile phase of the woman by the changed smell. In agriculture, this ability of dogs is already used for targeted breeding.
Avoid embarrassing sniffing
Most people find it embarrassing when the dog explores the genital area with its nose. And this can also be uncomfortable for dog owners. To reprimand or punish him for this is absolutely taboo! From a dog's point of view, the four-legged friend has not done anything wrong, it follows its natural behavior. He wouldn't understand punishment.
If your dog is an intense sniffer, you can take it on a leashwhen visitors come or when you meet strangers on the way. At the same time, you should practice the basic commands with him. Once the dog has internalized these, you have control over how and when to greet other peoplemay.
It makes most sense To offer alternatives. Point out to the guest that he is giving his to the dog Hand as an alternative to sniffing and getting to know each other can offer.
- What are the salaries at CRISIL
- Musicians get money through downloads
- How are these beautiful software GUIs developed
- Unborn babies go to heaven
- How often should i brush my teeth?
- What is York University known for?
- What are the different types of hotel rooms
- Can students change jobs on OPT?
- What do the colors of the El Salvador flag mean
- What does line of credit mean
- What are some epic indian imagery
- What makes Christmas unforgettable
- What is stopping India from getting clean?
- Are Rohingyas Bangladeshis
- How is a job in the public sector better
- How do you choose a cheerfulness
- How does the JPC Joint Parliamentary Committee work
- What does it mean to throw a salad
- Should i buy from aliexpress or taobao
- Where to start a blogging career
- How is Australia divided
- Capitalism was inevitable
- How do I register my startup company
- Who are NORAID
- Why are chemists underpaid
- What country dollars is YouTube paying
- What is the best online printing service
- Is Ruth Bader Ginsburg inappropriately partisan?
- Is considered sanitary as a construction
- What is one thing that all women love
- What is the future of Java developers
- Jakarta is the best city in Indonesia
- Why do I attract emotionally abusive people
- How do I find a hacker