What your parents told you is wrong
Not paying attention to a child, forcing them to will, or giving them too much freedom - there are so many things parents can do wrong. FOCUS Online names twelve emotional injuries that fathers and mothers commit.
In addition to love, parents and children share a deep feeling of trust at best. It gives a child the security that they can always rely on the protection and understanding of their mother and father. But there is one thing parents are not - perfect.
Out of ignorance or excessive demands, they make mistakes in their upbringing. In the worst case, they shake the trust that their child has in them. We asked our readers what mistakes they just can't forgive their parents about.
Silence and neglect as punishment
The worst punishment Saskia Reger has ever faced was being hushed up by her mother:
“I was twelve years old and had a bitchy phase at that time. While on vacation in Italy, my mother broke her collar after one of my pranks. But instead of yelling at me or threatening me with punishment, she did nothing. She was so angry with me that she said nothing to me for two days. She neither responded to offers of reconciliation nor to banal questions. During this time she did not exchange a single syllable with me. I felt like air. In retrospect it was more than cruel. "
Edmund Michael Hoffmayer can also sing a song about the “silence experience”: “In certain situations, my mother had the habit of not ordering room arrest or pocket money reductions, and certainly not of screaming, but of simply remaining silent, insulted. I've always found that to be a much more unpleasant punishment. However, I wouldn't go as far as to say that this behavior is unforgivable. Good people also make mistakes. "
On the following pages you can read which mistakes parents can make.
How do you best respond to tantrums, lies, swear words, or aggression? The NetMoms parenting guide gives practical tips for everyday life with children.
Online coupons for your family
FOCUS online computer portal
- How do you deal with passive aggression
- Why does pussy taste so good
- What is the Parcel Tracking Number Format
- Equipment plural is never a typo
- Why is the human resource management system so important
- Why doesn't coffee smell good anymore?
- Freelance can become a career killing job
- What if people stopped investing in bonds?
- What is a dish best served cold
- Can people survive without a smartphone?
- What happens after the resignation
- What are some traditional Native American dishes
- Is it worth having a second job
- How do thermoses lose heat
- What makes environmentally friendly products environmentally friendly
- Is the German language worth learning
- What is the most terrible thing about you
- Women like older men
- The BBC had its day
- Which countries accept the Nebosh qualifications?
- Why is money not bad
- Why do many people dislike small cities?
- Companies are hiring self-taught Python developers
- What do Americans know about Australia?
- What brings people together, science or religion
- When would China have political reform?
- Was your childhood great
- Is a happy employee a productive employee
- What is the Computer Vision Academic Area
- Nokia is made in China
- How's it going? A student is doing it
- Is the York University Toronto a decent university
- The Rothschild family runs the business