What quantitative research is related to ABM?
Agent-based modeling and policy advice
Handbook Digitization in State and Administration pp 111-122 | Cite as
- Florian Eyert
The computer simulation method of agent-based modeling is a new type of analysis tool that is increasingly used in advising on political action and is characterized by its handling of complexity, its experimentality and its degree of formality. In practical application, for example in the design of infrastructure, health or economic systems, it finds itself in a field of tension between scientific problem solving and political legitimacy. Despite the risks and limitations, increased use can be expected in the future.
keywordsPolicy Modeling Computational Social Science Simulation Evidence-Based Policy Representation
- Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences. 2008. Policy advice guidelines. http://www.bbaw.de/service/publikationen-bestellen/manifeste-und-leitlinien/BBAW_PolitischeLeitlinien.pdf. Accessed on November 27, 2019.
- Bonabeau, Eric. 2002. Agent-based modeling: Methods and techniques for simulating human systems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 99 (Supplement 3): 7280-7287. CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Bookstaber, Richard. 2017. The End of Theory. Financial Crises, the Failure of Economics, and the Sweep of Human Interaction. Princeton: Princeton University Press.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Duit, Andreas, and Victor Galaz. 2008. Governance and Complexity - Emerging Issues for Governance Theory. Governance 21 (3): 311-335. Google Scholar
- Edmonds, Bruce. 2017. The Post-Truth Drift in Social Simulation. http://cfpm.org/file_download/179/SSC_Edmonds_SSC2017-309.pdf. Accessed on November 27, 2019.
- Epstein, Joshua M. 2007. Generative Social Science. Studies in Agent-Based Computational Modeling. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Epstein, Joshua M. 2008. Why Model? Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation 11 (4): 1-12. Google Scholar
- Gilbert, Nigel, Petra Ahrweiler, Pete Barbrook-Johnson, Kavin Preethi Narasimhan, and Helen Wilkinson. 2018. Computational Modeling of Public Policy: Reflections on Practice. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation 21 (1): 1-14. Google Scholar
- Grimm, Volker, et al. 2006. A standard protocol for describing individual-based and agent-based models. Ecological Modeling 198 (1-2): 115-126. CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Habermas, Jürgen. 1969. Scientific politics and public opinion. In Technology and science as 'ideology', Ed. Jürgen Habermas, 120–145. Frankfurt a. M .: Suhrkamp.Google Scholar
- Hartley, James E. 1997. The Representative Agent in Macroeconomics. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- HM Treasury. 2015. The Aqua Book. Guidance on producing quality analysis for government. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-aqua-book-guidance-on-producing-quality-analysis-for-government. Accessed on November 27, 2019.
- Johnson-Laird, Philip N. 1983. Mental models. Towards a cognitive science of language, inference, and consciousness. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Reeg, Matthias, et al. 2013. Further development of an agent-based simulation model (AMIRIS) to investigate the behavior of actors in the market integration of electricity from renewable energies under various funding mechanisms. Final report. Stuttgart: German Aerospace Center (DLR). https://www.dlr.de/tt/Portaldata/41/Resources/dokumente/institut/system/publications/AMIRIS_Weiterentwicklung_Abschlussbericht.pdf. Accessed on November 27, 2019.
- Wooldridge, Michael, and Nicholas R. Jennings. 1995. Intelligent agents. Theory and Practice. The Knowledge Engineering Review 10 (2): 115–152. CrossRefGoogle Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society / Berlin Science Center for Social ResearchBerlinGermany
- What is vegan meat
- Hunger can cause anxiety
- Why don't white girls like Indian men
- How do you say wolf in German?
- What is the favorite food in Bali
- Vacation periods are taxed
- A B2 Spirit Bomber can carry nuclear weapons
- Why am I anti-social
- Any nickname ideas for the name Mardel
- What are mergers and acquisitions
- What was your experience in Pakistan
- When should I stop taking piano lessons?
- How much money did the lending club raise
- Should rich people donate
- Who was mother Mary's father
- Which Asian countries are the most corrupt
- How do I find an obedient woman
- Can a nurse become a medical assistant
- Can an Indonesian Chinese marry other nationalities?
- Can moral values be assessed?
- What are the best personal gps tracking
- What is hologram technology
- What are the private libraries
- What is the German car culture