Shall we protect the environment?
We protect our environment
Raising awareness of sustainability
Quick start:Jump directly to the content (Alt 1) Jump directly to the secondary navigation (Alt 3) Jump directly to the main navigation (Alt 2)
© Goethe Institute
We live on earth and need our environment. Good air, clear water and nature are important for our life and should be there for everyone. We have to take care that our environment stays clean.
We are responsible for our environment. We need a lot of water and a lot of raw materials for a comfortable life. But some people use a lot more water and others have too little. It's not fair.
We have to be economical with water and raw materials. People cut too many trees and catch too many fish. They hunt rare animals. Many animal species are dying out.
We are only allowed to use as much as can grow back.
This is called "sustainability". It's like with pocket money - when it is spent, you have to wait until there is more!
How can children help protect the environment?
Children can save energy too:
- Turn off the lights when you go out of the room.
- Turn off any electrical equipment that you are not using.
- Just open the window and door briefly when the heater is on.
- Go on foot or ride your bike.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Prefer to shower and bathe less. A bathroom uses three times as much water as a shower!
- Close the faucet properly. It mustn't drip.
- Do not throw rubbish in rivers and lakes.
- Buy things that have little packaging.
- Sort your trash. In Germany, paper, organic waste, metal and plastic are thrown into separate waste bins.
- Do not use things just once, but several times.
- Be economical, for example with paper and paint.
What else can you do for the environment? Do you have any ideas Write them down.
- How many states are there in Dubai
- Jesus Christ lifted weights
- Will cyberwarfare replace traditional warfare?
- What are some breakfast salad recipes
- What are some quiz makers for websites
- How does drug rehabilitation work
- How expensive is Iceland
- What is your worst moment
- How should I celebrate my 21st birthday
- Is Hinduism a religion of belief
- Like lesbian girls, muscular girls
- Why do cello strings squeak
- What is Level 13 in Accenture
- What are three big cities in Australia
- What are examples of appreciative assets
- What are the best schools in Islamabad
- What are great cryptocurrency analytics websites
- Do you believe in Noah's ark?
- What does outside your league mean
- Is Portugal a South European country
- Who makes the rules in society today?
- How do I always keep myself motivated
- Why don't you vaccinate your children
- How should programmers have fun?