How relevant is reading newspapers these days
More than half of the population reads the printed newspaper every day
Germany: 37 million citizens read printed daily newspapers
16.3 million use them digitally every day
22.07.2020 – 15:25
BDZV - Federal Association of Digital Publishers and Newspaper Publishers e.V.
Every day, 36.8 million people in Germany grab a printed copy of the newspaper. The reach of the daily newspapers is thus 52 percent. This means that more than every second German aged 14 and over reads a print edition every day (source: ma daily newspapers 2020).
This is supplemented by the increasing reach of the digital newspaper offers: They have 16.3 million users every day and thus reach 23.6 percent of the German-speaking population aged 16 and over (AGOF digital facts June 2020).
"Regardless of whether it is printed on paper or digitally: Reliable journalism in newspapers is important to people. More readers than ever are taking advantage of the wide range of offers in German newspapers. Especially during the corona pandemic, it is once again clear how indispensable newspapers are for them Society are ", commented Katrin Tischer, managing director of the Federal Association of Digital Publishers and Newspaper Publishers (BDZV), the current figures of the media analysis working group (agma).
The regional subscription newspapers have the largest readership with 29.9 million daily print readers. 42.3 percent of the population read the regional titles on paper, 9 million read digitally every day. Buy newspapers reach 8.9 million printed readers, national subscription newspapers 3.7 million.
Those who earn well are particularly fond of reading the newspaper: Two thirds (65.2 percent) of those with a net income of 3,000 euros or more are daily newspaper readers. Overall, the following applies: the newspaper reach - both printed and digital - is above average in well-off target groups with a high level of education and good professional position.
The target group of under 40-year-olds predominantly relies on digital channels - 81.6 percent use the digital newspaper offers at least once a month - but a third of them (32.4 percent) also read the paper version.
For the reach of the daily newspapers published by agma today (ma daily newspapers 2020) around 133,000 German-speaking people aged 14 and over were surveyed.
Original content from: BDZV - Bundesverband Digitalpublisher und Zeitungsverleger e.V., transmitted by news aktuell
- What will happen in 100 years
- Will a mouse bite my baby
- Has Mussolini living offspring
- How did tapas from Spain originate?
- Why do some Italians look like Arabs?
- How do I wake up earlier, of course
- What is your favorite song about life
- Why are people afraid of dogs
- Why concrete is called concrete
- Why do many people dislike small cities?
- Where are old books sold?
- How and where were domesticated turkeys made
- Why do computers prefer base two
- What counts as neglect of children
- Why do smokers have dark lips
- What are the coolest school uniforms
- Where does wealth come from
- Who should never try to freelance
- What would happen if every owl died?
- What is the name of the hat of the Popes
- Is marijuana legal in New Zealand
- As a Muslim, you masturbate
- How do I let go of the guilt
- How can I pay my tax?