Why is calorie counting a mistake
Lose Weight: These 3 mistakes when counting calories make every diet fail
You track every calorie, pay strict attention to a negative energy balance and yet the number on the scales just isn't getting any smaller?
The good news: there is still hope!
Because there are probably some fundamental flaws in counting calories that are easy to avoid.
In an interview with 'POPSUGAR', an expert explains what can quickly go wrong when maintaining a calorie deficit and how best to counteract it.
Three reasons that make losing weight difficult
If you consistently reduce calories and still have no real weight loss success, you should take a closer look at your diet.
According to US nutritionist Kim Rose, there are three main mistakes that are commonly made when maintaining a negative energy balance:
- Omission of important food groups
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of highly processed foods
If the body lacks essential nutrients (point 1) or is deprived of entire meals (point 2), it switches to a kind of survival mode. The organism stores every fat reserve and holds on to it so as not to starve.
There is no slimming effect because the body adapts its metabolism to the diet and consumes less with lower calorie intake.
"And if you then also eat highly processed foods while reducing calories at the same time, you run the risk of gaining weight again," says Rose.
Calculate the daily calorie requirement here:
Drastic calorie reductions are counterproductive
While reducing calories helps you lose weight quickly, it must be remembered that it has both short-term and long-term effects on the body.
Too large a deficit of more than 25 percent can lead to fatigue, headaches and irritability, as well as an increased feeling of hunger, which often ends in food cravings, explains Rose.
It is therefore important to take a cautious approach to saving calories.
"One effective approach is to consume foods from all food groups, limit sweetened beverages and high-fat foods, and instead rely on unprocessed foods such as fruits, grains, protein and vegetables that are high in nutritional value," she says.
The expert recommends using fruit instead of sweets and swapping white bread and pasta for whole grain products in order to provide the body with enough fiber. Because these are not only healthier for digestion, but also keep you full longer.
When using animal sources such as meat and dairy products rather than vegetable sources for protein, Rose also advises lean and low-fat variants.
Avoiding the three mistakes mentioned not only avoids unpleasant side effects when losing weight, but will also very soon see the first pounds dropping off.
Ultimately, however, it is important to be patient and not to overwhelm your body.
- Is Ketto org real or fake
- Police officers receive wage bonuses
- Are Syrians Caucasian Why
- What are the Biggest Zoos in America
- What do people learn in design schools
- Why are my ears licking clear fluid
- What is earthquake mitigation
- How many men wear nylon panties for women
- What products does Singapore import from Malaysia
- What is nonlinear science
- Do we need skyscrapers
- What is your current concern at school?
- Which US states could never turn blue?
- Which restaurants near you are hidden gems
- Why do Pentecostals speak in tongues
- What wedding traditions are sexist
- Has Orochimaru feelings for tsunade
- Is Elon Musk a smoker
- What is an activity that you are not doing enough
- Is Japan a safe country
- What are Common Thai First Names
- What does hard work mean
- May Indian Korean girls
- When do babies stop crying so much?
- What is the typical food of Colombia
- What is cash flow
- How do you enjoy life
- What do Panamanians think of Pakistan?
- What are the darkest secrets of ISIS
- Realize bitter people that they are bitter
- Why should we hire a graphic designer
- Why did China invade Vietnam in 1979?
- How can inflation be stopped?