Runs WhatsApp on the PC
WhatsApp for PC: How to use the messaging service on your Windows computer
The smartphone messenger WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps in Germany: The proportion of WhatsApp users in Germany is now 79%. When WhatsApp was launched in 2009, it was originally only possible to publish status messages; the messenger function was only added later. In February 2016, WhatsApp cracked the billion mark, and it is now 2 billion monthly users. In addition, over WhatsApp more than 60 billion messages every day sent. No other chat service has achieved this so far: Telegram is well behind with 400 million users, while Facebook's own messenger now has 1.3 billion monthly users.
For your own WhatsApp statistics go to "Settings" in the top right menu in the app (three points arranged one above the other) and click on "Data and memory usage". Your overall statistics are displayed under "Network usage" - these also include your sent and received messages, calls and the volume of data you have used.
Via WhatsApp, users can exchange text messages, image, video and sound files as well as location information, documents and contact details. However, all of these practical functions can not only on the smartphone and tablet, but also via the PC be used. WhatsApp for the PC is especially useful when you have long messages comfortable with the keyboard should be typed. Even if they sit longer at the computern, for example in the office, it makes sense to do that To use the app on the desktop. We'll show you different ways how you can use the WhatsApp PC version.
Use WhatsApp PC web app in the browser
If you do not want to or cannot download a separate program, for example because you are on your work computer, you have the option of WhatsApp can be used easily and conveniently in the browser. The app on the smartphone can be connected directly to the web application using a QR code and can then be used either on the PC or on the mobile device. The web version of WhatsApp for PC works in all common browsers and can be set up as follows:
- Go to the WhatsApp web app in your browser. Setup instructions including a QR code will open.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and tap on "WhatsApp Web“.
- A message may pop up that WhatsApp wants to access your camera. Confirm with "OK, UNDERSTOOD“.
- Hold the smartphone over the QR code that your browser displays on the PC until the QR code has been scanned.
- Your WhatsApp account is now connected to the web application so that you can also see your chat history in the PC browser. You can now write messages to your contacts on your PC as well as on your mobile phone.
It is possible, synchronize multiple desktop devices with your smartphone or WhatsApp account. To connect another device to your smartphone, open WhatsApp on your smartphone and select "WhatsApp Web" in the menu at the top right. Now you can use the "+" symbol in the top right to scan additional QR codes and add devices.
Use WhatsApp on the PC with the desktop app
To use WhatsApp on the PC, you can also use the WhatsApp desktop app use. The application can be free download it from the WhatsApp website. As with the web app, you always need a smartphone with WhatsApp installed and activated in order to log in.
While using the WhatsApp desktop, your smartphone must remain connected to the Internet to ensure synchronization. Therefore, connect your mobile device (if possible) to the WLAN network so as not to unnecessarily strain your mobile data volume.
So you can use the Set up the WhatsApp desktop app on your PC:
- Download the WhatsApp desktop app.
- Scan the QR code that opens after starting the tool. To do this, simply open the WhatsApp application on your smartphone and select “WhatsApp Web” in the menu. A scanner opens with which you can capture the QR code on the desktop.
- The synchronization between smartphone and PC then takes place. You can now use WhatsApp for your PC!
How to Unsync with WhatsApp PC Apps
If you tick the appropriate box during installation, you will stay permanently logged on to your PC. You can synchronize it with your smartphone however cancel at any time. To do this, simply follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Select the option "WhatsApp Web" out.
- Either tap on "Sign out of all devices"Or select the relevant device that you want to log off.
- The synchronization is then canceled.
Web App of the Week: What The Font
Find fonts whose names you don't know with What The Font by MyFonts. The free tool that we are introducing to you as part of the “Web App of the Week” series identifies fonts on the basis of individual design patterns. All you need is a snippet of text as a screenshot. The rest is done by the automatic character recognition.
The 6 best WhatsApp alternatives in comparison
Dinner appointments, updates about work or a trip with the soccer team: if you don't use WhatsApp, you run the risk of missing important information. But this networking also has disadvantages: especially since WhatsApp has been sharing user data with the parent company Facebook, more and more users have switched to other messenger apps. What good WhatsApp alternatives are there?
The best alternatives to Facebook Messenger
Facebook's messaging function has long since become indispensable for many in order to stay in contact with friends and colleagues - even on the go. If you use Facebook Messenger on your smartphone, however, the app consumes an unpleasant amount of battery charge and data volume. Fortunately, there are good alternatives with which you can navigate Facebook chats just as easily and quickly and which also ...
Deleting a WhatsApp account: how to do it!
WhatsApp is the most widely used messenger in the world today. Around 1.5 billion people around the world are already using the application. Despite daily new registrations, WhatsApp accounts are also deleted again and again. There can be various reasons for this. Above all, concerns about data protection play a major role. We will show you step by step how to delete your WhatsApp account.
Use WhatsApp on Mac
WhatsApp for Mac is the solution if you use the messenger service to write longer messages. All chats are then available on your computer so that you can comfortably write using the keyboard. We explain step by step how to install WhatsApp desktop for Mac and show you an alternative browser solution.
- Can I wear sweatpants every day
- Why is Indian cuisine healthy
- How do I find remote IT jobs
- Is Lebanon really gay friendly?
- How much money does a professor earn
- What is an open door policy
- Why am I such a slow eater
- Which government jobs have higher salaries
- How do I cure back pain
- Why do teachers care about students
- How do the central banks react to recessions?
- How sovereign are US states
- How much does a quantity assessor cost
- How does a commercial bank generate profits
- How do you deal with the wrong employees
- How do you feel in pop music
- Why is hyperhidrosis so little researched
- Medical care is required at all
- What is the advantage of skyscrapers
- How can I run Keras on a GPU
- Where can I invest my money
- Can someone void a cashed check?
- How can I beat multiple sclerosis
- Why do we feel hostile?