What are the characteristics of winners
Winner or Loser: What are the habits of winners?
Why are some people successful and others not? How do losers become winners? Can you become (more) successful on your own? The good news: yes, anyone can be successful. What you need for this is a “winning character” like all successful people have. This article tells you how to develop it.
Influence of character and habits
Each person forms his or her personal character in the course of his or her life. It is the origin for a positive (= successful) or negative (= unsuccessful) life.
The secret key to success are our habits. Successful people such as top athletes, top managers or millionaires have very specific positive key habits that ensure success. You can learn these winning habits. How does it work and which ones are they?
Habits are activities and behaviors that we carry out automatically (by ourselves). At some point, for example, you learned to ride a bike. It soon became a habit. You never have to think about how to keep your balance on your bike again. How do automated habits come about?
Habits are systematically programmed into our subconscious. By means of ...:
- repeated factual information ("This is how you do it")
- Learning (memorizing the factual information)
- Practicing what has been learned (conscious doing)
- Repeat (automation)
In this way, we acquire a skill that will become a habit for us for a lifetime. We perform an activity unconsciously, we behave according to habit. It is well known that humans are creatures of habit. In order to be successful, it is therefore necessary to use the above "formula" to acquire the winning habits of the successful.
These are the positive habits that are absolutely necessary to move forward in our society.
All positive habits that your environment (family, school, clubs ...) have conveyed to you have a positive influence on your success (and vice versa). Research shows, for example, that children who have been accustomed to taking on duties by their parents are superior to those who always wanted everything and received nothing in return.
What are the winning habits?
Experience has shown that three winning habits are indispensable for being successful.
1. Be actively interested
Just being interested in success is not enough to be successful. You have to actively do something for it. It is not enough for a salesperson to be interested in the sales success but not even to have read a textbook on “Selling” - at best, he remains mediocre. If you take action, you will have partial successes that will motivate you. To be sure to be actively interested, write down:
- What are you interested in? (e.g. I want to write a book)
- What is important to you here? (e.g. sell the book)
- What do I do for it? (e.g. do an apprenticeship as a writer)
Get into the habit of developing an action plan for each of these three positions.
- Action plan “I want to write a book”: In the future I will have “writing time” every day from 7 to 8 pm.
- Action plan “Selling the book”: I find out about publishers, their programs and contacts. I get addresses and speak to literature agents. Two new contacts every week.
- Action plan “Training as a writer”: I am learning the craft of writing. I take six months to do this.
“Being actively interested” makes you a professional. Make this winning trait a habit, and the desired success is guaranteed.
2. Letting go
Immediately let go of all that is stressful. Do not quarrel with fate, do not complain about problems, do not give up if things turn out differently than desired. Every form of such negative influences binds time and energies that you can better use positively.
Throw burdens of any kind overboard, they will prevent your success. Negative traits like nagging, being in a bad mood, being aggressive, not listening, scolding, being unreliable, being late ... are loser habits.
Put this aside by reprogramming your subconscious with a positively worded text (= self-influencing text). How do you do that?
First you formulate the self-influencing text, learn it by heart and then speak it loudly and clearly five times a day in the morning and at noon - as if you were presenting the text to an audience. In other words: you are talking to your subconscious, telling it in this way how it should behave. For example, if you never want to be late again, it could look like this:
"I'm always on time. I can do it! I only accept as many appointments per day as I can keep. I go to each appointment 15 minutes earlier than necessary. I can do that. I look forward to being punctual."
Just as you shed negative habits in this way, you acquire winning habits.
3. Respond positively
People react in three ways: negative, neutral, positive.
- Positive: "I'll be right there and help you."
- Neutral: "You have probably just overlooked one small thing."
- Negative: "I'm sorry, but it's none of my business."
Often times, on the path to success, you need to react. Get in the habit of responding positively. This creates a tailwind on the way to success. Example:
A boss throws a letter back to his secretary with the remark: "What's that supposed to be !? Are you serious about going out? "
Such negative reactions cause negative energies. In no time the willing secretary has become an unmotivated employee. Negative energies prevent your success, they create headwinds. Counterexample:
“Great text. If you could perhaps speak to our business partner personally, then it is absolutely perfect. "
Professionals respond positively. This makes every problem solvable, "enemies" into sympathizers, opponents into comrades-in-arms. Our habits, whether positive or negative, are not traits that are genetically predisposed. They are examples from other people in our environment that we have imitated and finally automated.
With this knowledge, everyone can reprogram their subconscious, acquire winning habits, abandon losing habits and thus be one of the successful ones in the future.
Many people perceive their life as gray everyday. We live in a world of negative thoughts and actions. The daily bad news in the press and in the news speaks volumes. Sad but true. But you are a winner, you see this situation positively: There cannot be a “better” environment in order to be positive and thus successful. It is up to everyone to choose the road of winners.
By Martin Selle, writer, writing coaching
- How often do you update your iPhone
- Is Amazon bigger than Walmart
- Should I see Westworld
- Mok Saib is the only white Algerian
- Can the boundary line outsmart the narcissist
- When did Portugal take over Macau?
- Americans don't like Asians
- What do you think of Brunei
- What is your idea for a script
- Should I buy amazonbasics mini bluetooth speakers
- What motivated you to get therapy
- How do humans smell animals
- What does the Bible say about televangelism
- What is used for with polyethylene coated paper
- What do Americans think of America?
- How do I maintain a long distance relationship
- Volvo is a German car brand
- How much has lobbying corrupted our government
- Are Syrians better than Iraqis
- Why no relationship is perfect
- How do you feel with biracial couples
- What is your pain in hiring cleaning services
- What makes girls masturbate
- How much leeway does UIPath have