Which country has the best traditional clothing
Dirndl and lederhosen: Oktoberfest costumes
Discover all Bavarian costumes »
This is the traditional Bavarian clothing that has awakened a true style. It's a type of clothing Country house fashion called, and was inspired by the clothes of peasants and farmers. The quality of the fabric and the decoration identified the social rank of the person wearing these clothes. Today there are still people who wear these clothes at weddings. Below is a description of the male and female clothing. For men, the classic shirt and the Lederhosen not missing and with the ladies that Dirndl.
The Dirndl has originally existed since the 19th century and it was an Austrian service uniform. In 1870 the upper class began to appreciate and use it, so that it became a fine, fashionable dress. Nowadays you can find inexpensive variants, but also very expensive ones.
The dirndl consists of a blouse and a bustier at the top and a skirt and an apron at the bottom.
Since there were only natural colors in the 19th century, the traditional spring and summer variant is made of light fabric, short-sleeved and has light and pastel shades; on the other hand, the autumn and winter version is long-sleeved and made of thicker fabric with darker colors. Thanks to the artificial colors, you can also use them in stores Find dirndls with bright and lively colors. In case you're on a lady with Dirndl poke, be careful: if she wears the apron knot on the left side, then she is untied; but if the knot is on the right, it means that the queen is already taken.
1. Wig: If you want to "broach the subject" even more and are dissatisfied with the hairstyle, why not use a wig? If so, then it has to be blonde and with long braids.
2. The dirndl blouse: You cannot do without this, it is the upper part of traditional clothing and there are different styles of it: from the classic, where the cut is higher and the neckline more closed, to the more sexy and unconventional blouses are.
3. The dirndl bustier: Like all bustiers, it pulls at the waist and makes the figure more attractive and very elegant. In many models, the bustier and the blouse are a single part.
Buy your dirndl
[product_category category = ”dirndl” per_page = ”4 ″ columns =” 4 ″ orderby = ”date” order = ”desc”]
4. Dirndl skirt and apron: Together with the blouse and the bustier, the skirt and apron complete the traditional outfit. in the traditional dirndl these go all the way to the ankle, but you can find hundreds of variations these days!
5. Stockings: Most of them are white, look like socks and most have a hook, that you attach to the dirndl.
6. Shoes: In case you're going to Dirndl it is important to wear comfortable shoes. Sure, high-heeled shoes are very sexy, but Oktoberfest is a festival, a huge place with hundreds of people ... Comfort is essential.
7. Trachten hat: The classic felt hat has its origin in the Tyrolean Alps. It usually has a ribbon around the middle of the hat and a suede embellishment. The famous Gamsbart is made from the back hair of the animal. The Gamsbart is basically a hunting prize and the longer it is, the greater the skills of the hunter who wears it. The traditional hat lovers collect plugs and then attach them to their hats. There are also replicas of the original shape on the market, but they are made of fake felt and cost less.
Buy your lederhosen
[product_category category = ”lederhosen” per_page = ”4 ″ columns =” 4 ″ orderby = ”date” order = ”desc”]
8. The shirt: With the lederhosen you can't wear just any shirt. A classic and traditional shirt can be a plain white or a multicolored checkered shirt. With some costumes it will the shirt sold directly with the lederhosen.
9. The Lederhosen: Are the classic Bavarian trousers, a "must" during the Oktoberfest, which should not be confused with the trousers, these are longer. They are particularly resistant trousers with straps made of sharp or calfskin. Deerskin or suede is used in the more valuable variant. In the XV century they were used as work clothes mainly in Germany, Austria, Trentino-South Tyrol and Switzerland.
There are three types of lederhosen:
- Short lederhosen: these are mainly worn by the youngsters and they differ from the others because the pants end above the knee;
- Knickerbockers: the popular model that ends below the knee;
- Long leather pants: these end at the ankle.
The Knife pocket is located in the right pant leg and serves as a holster for the knife. The traditional color of the Lederhose is of course the color from which the leather is made, i.e. brown or black. Today, however, other colors are also produced by processing the leather, but are still similar to natural colors, such as gray, green and, above all, dark tones.
10. Socks: They are the classic Bavarian socks and cover the entire calf, they are made of thick wool and often have a bow.
11. Haferl shoes: Are traditional shoes, that you wear with your lederhosen. Originally they were used as work shoes in the alpine area and have become a real classic today, also because of their resistance, durability, the reinforced toe and the nailed shoe sole. In Bavaria it is also known as the Bundschuh, while in Austria it is called the Schützenschuh. According to legend, the Schumacher Franz Schratt created it by taking inspiration from goat hooves. The origin is probably even older.
Discover all Bavarian costumes »
- Do we need more unions in America
- Are we going to be too technologically advanced
- Do you like math
- Which dishes are most attractive for vegetarians?
- How do paraplegics and quadriplegics differ?
- What are permanent treatments for sleep apnea
- What to take with you on a business trip
- What do good managers know
- Why do people flinch?
- Have you seen DevOps implementations fail?
- How do bootstrap companies hire talent
- Are Guamanians considered Pacific Islanders
- Will there ever be a uniform currency?
- A speech pathologist can prescribe medication
- What is a 4x4 vehicle
- Why isn't all salt iodized?
- Americans like to work with the Chinese
- Why are software developers fired
- What is Rajasthan famous for
- What is the consequence of over-specialization
- What kind of apps do seniors want
- What are low carbohydrate Chinese foods to choose from
- Where does the word Orotund come from?
- Why register a company in India
- You can buy beer at German McDonalds
- Which designer deserves the most
- Have you ever caught your child masturbating?
- How was Sakura raised without parents
- What is the least Chinese thing at all?
- The Vietnamese language is Khmer Sinized
- Do musicians still get groupies
- What is your top secret project