Marinara sauce is keto friendly
Super easy low carb marinara sauce
The Marinara sauce is one of the easiest sauces to make, and this recipe is low carb! It also goes perfectly with paleo and ketogenic diets. This sauce is so versatile that it goes well with lasagna, vegetables, pizza, pasta or spaghetti recipes. An absolute lifesaver! I always have these simple low carb sauces like marinara or pesto sauce in my fridge, which makes it easy to prepare dinner after a tiring day.
Now the question must have crossed your mind: Is the marinara sauce keto-friendly? Does this sauce go well with the ketogenic diet? Almost all commercially prepared marinara sauces have a SUGAR addition, which is absolutely NO in the ketogenic diet.
But you can use this sauce Perfect incorporate into your low carb, paleo or ketogenic diet. This super simple one Low carb marinara sauce Has only 3.5 g net carb and 8 g of fat per 100 g. Stay within your carbohydrate limit! Check the ingredients and nutritional information of the canned tomatoes as many of the canned tomatoes have added sugar as well.
You can use this sauce recipe however you like. We often replace marinara sauce with spaghetti sauce, but is the spaghetti sauce and the marinara sauce the same?
What is the difference between spaghetti sauce and marinara sauce?
As far as I know, the spaghetti sauce you can find everywhere is called “Al Pomodoro” and is a tomato sauce. The tomato sauce is very simple, i.e. with tomato as the main ingredient.
The marinara sauce is different instead. The use of the term marinara (the "Sailor’s Style" means) includes the presence of garlic in the tomato. When the garlic is cooked with the tomato (some discard it before serving, while others prefer to chop it into tiny pieces and dissolve it in the sauce) the rest of the sauce takes on a different taste than the more subtle and simpler tomato sauce . Some people add vegetables or meat to their sauce, while others don't.
Why is this the best marinara sauce?
Here are the 5 reasons to love this recipe:
- This recipe requires for the marinara sauce 6 simple ingredients and gives a rich, authentic marinara flavor.
- It is very easily to prepare.
- Unlike most commercially-purchased marinara sauces, this recipe contains it no added sugar.
- The recipe makes 400 g of sauce and freezes well, so you can make the recipe too can double. Just cook it in a larger saucepan.
- This marinara makes one too incredible pizza sauce. I made my gluten free flour low carb pizza with it and my friend said it tasted like a real Italian pizza.
Ingredients for the marinara sauce
This low-carb sauce only needs 6 ingredients - tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, black pepper, Chilli flakes and fresh basil. I used canned tomatoes. If you don't have fresh basil, you can use dried basil.
How do you make a marinara sauce?
Mash the tomatoes by hand. Heat the olive oil in a pan or saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic slices and cook for a minute. Add mashed tomatoes, chilli flakes and black pepper. Place the basil stem in the center of the sauce and let it submerge while the sauce cooks. If you don't have fresh basil at home, use dried basil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, discard the basil and mix thoroughly.
Tips and tricks for marinara sauce
1. Do not cook the sauce (with basil) too long, otherwise the sauce will become bitter. If your sauce is too sour, try adding some baking soda. Try small amounts though so you don't ruin the whole sauce.
2. You can also use dried basil if you don't have fresh basil. But fresh basil gives more flavor.
3. If the marinara sauce is too thick, you can add water to it. I preferred my sauce with small pieces of tomato, but if you want a smoother texture you can put it in the food processor.
4. You can freeze this recipe for a long time. Let the sauce come to room temperature and set it then in the refrigerator.
5. If the sauce is too sour for you, you can add some liquid or powdered sweetener.
This marinara sauce is so simple that you'll love adding it to your daily diet. Such a delicious vegan and vegetarian sauce!
Try it with:
Pour the canned tomatoes and mash them with your hands. Cut the garlic cloves into slices.
Heat the olive oil in a pan or saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic slices and cook for a minute.
Add mashed tomatoes, chilli flakes, and black pepper. Place the basil stem in the center of the sauce and let it submerge while the sauce cooks.
Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, discard the basil and mix thoroughly. After reaching room temperature, store the marinara sauce in the refrigerator.
- What about the liberalism that appeals to younger generations
- How do I start an automobile company
- Can owls fly
- What's under construction
- What are some employment counseling in Noida
- How is a fuse a safety device
- Works online from home
- Who has more money Rothschild or Bezos
- Why don't the Japanese hate the Chinese?
- Why do I feel tired all day
- Why does Google Pay give rewards
- What is the poorest state in India
- Why is Pop Soda Carbonated
- What is your favorite dish for vegetarians
- Why is music teaching important
- How do I treat my sciatic pain
- What are easy recipes to start veganism
- Why did India lose the semi-finals
- What inspires you to inspire others
- Which software testing company is recommended
- How do the seasons change in your country?
- Do Colombia makes food
- Where was the temple of King Solomon
- Do people fear the staff