Is au pair illegal in some states
Information for German au pairs
Au pair in the USA
Is the United States your dream destination too? There you will experience North American optimism, relaxed hospitality and certainly a lot of appreciation.
Au pair in the USA is an urban program: au pairs usually come to the suburbs of the big cities and meet American friends from all over the world. At the same time, it is a supervised program: you are a member of the family, have children who develop a close bond with you and can turn to a carer if you have problems.
You will develop excellent English skills and have international work experience, mobility and a sense of responsibility.
Au pair conditions
The US Department of State specifies the general conditions for the au pair program. For a stay you have to:
- the J1 visa have that you only have one Exchange organization / au pair agency can apply for (a stay without an organization is illegal),
- 12 months want to spend in the USA,
- 18 to 26 years be old,
- 2 references about experience in the Caring for unrelated children under 10 years of age have (the number of hours varies with the exchange organizations),
- Childless and unmarried be,
- English speak and understand
- Abitur, advanced technical college entrance qualification or alternatively Real school or secondary school leaving certificate with vocational training to have,
- healthy be,
- a police clearance certificate Submit,
- in most cases the car Driver's license and prove driving experience.
In a contract, au pairs and host families agree that you will look after children for up to 45 hours a week and do household chores for the children.
As an au pair in the USA you will receive:
- Free return flights
- Free board and lodging (your own room)
- Introductory seminar on site
- $ 195.75 spending money per week
- Up to $ 500 in college tuition in the United States
- 10 working days vacation with continued payment of pocket money
- 1 ½ days of free time per week
- One completely free weekend per month
- A basic health insurance. More under au pair insurance
- 13th month to travel
Au pair insurance
If you travel to the United States as an au pair, you need an au pair insurance with a high benefit sum. First of all, there is this Health insurance: The German statutory health insurance (GKV) does not provide benefits outside of Europe.
In the United States, medical and hospital costs are particularly high. In addition, the insurance must meet the strict requirements for USA visas. Although the host family pays for your health insurance, it often only includes basic coverage. Usually offers you the Exchange organization / au pair agency an insurance. Deal with the topic of au pair insurance, because it is difficult to protect yourself effectively, especially in the USA.
American insurance companies meet the requirements for a USA visa, but they often have a limit of 50,000 US dollars - an amount that can easily be exceeded in the event of an accident. It can therefore be important to supplement the American basic protection with additional insurance.
A German foreign health insurance also offers the advantage of a German-speaking contact person. Processing takes place directly in the USA, but the place of jurisdiction is Germany. This would make a lawsuit much easier for you if there were problems with the reimbursement.
In order to be fully protected, you can also take out an insurance package as an alternative to pure health insurance. Au pair insurance packages for the USA usually include health insurance as well as health insurance Accident insurance. Accident insurance pays in the event of death and disability.
One is also useful Liability insurance. Your family's personal liability insurance may also be valid abroad. But she will by no means pay for damages that arise in the course of your au pair work. Real liability insurance for au pairs always consists of personal liability and professional liability.
If you want to come to Germany over Christmas or for another occasion, you should also be insured during the interruption of your stay abroad. German au pair insurances are generally valid for the duration of your au pair year and include home leave. They don't pay for previous illnesses and checkups. So be sure to plan a visit to the dentist and family doctor about six weeks before your departure.
We can recommend the following au pair insurance for au pairs in the USA:
You can use our agency search to find an agency for au pairs in the USA and Canada.
- Is marijuana legal in New Zealand
- What does the pilot say after take-off
- Should a working husband help with housework
- You can bring charges against a narcissist
- Why is PewDiePie depressed
- Is PHP good
- What percentage of welfare recipients are deadbeats
- How bpo make money
- Why do my eggs smell amazingly good
- Why did Greta Thunberg become an activist
- Which laws of Moses did Jesus change?
- Which caste is considered the upper caste
- What is daily life in prison
- All men lie to their women
- How has Feng Shui changed your sleep
- Why do people hate Nickelback and Creed
- What are the best food blogs of 2010 11
- Scandinavia How would you describe the Scandinavian culture
- What are the big budget Hollywood movies
- How accurate is the Fitbit Aria scale
- Get the Benefits of Yoga
- Is acclamation part of the gospel?
- What are successful Ukrainian startups
- Has your child ever made you cry?