What are the milestones in your life
For life and death - Milestones in hygiene: ARTE documentary
The ARTE documentary "For life and death - Milestones in hygiene" illuminates the sometimes astonishing interactions between cleanliness and illness.
The currently rampant corona pandemic is by far not the first epidemic that has kept the world in suspense: diseases such as syphilis, leprosy or cholera have caused numerous deaths in the last few centuries. A particularly contagious infectious disease was the plague, which was particularly rampant worldwide in the 14th century. Already at that time they responded with appropriate measures: In the Italian city of Venice, where travelers from all over the world met, harbor barriers were imposed, and the sick were brought to the plague island, the "Isola". From 1468, travelers were only allowed to enter Venice after 40 days of quarantine. Since then, measures such as isolation and quarantine have been common strategies to contain infectious diseases - and still do today.
Dealing with infectious diseases repeatedly resulted in new hygiene concepts. The informative documentary "For life and death - Milestones in hygiene", which ARTE is now broadcasting for the first time, uses game scenes, graphics and drawings to deal in detail with personal hygiene over the past centuries: from the development of toilet hygiene to the importance of wellness treatments for the establishment of public baths.
In addition to isolation and quarantine, achievements such as vaccines were later established. These hygiene milestones will continue to be important topics in the future, as Claudia Spoden's documentation makes clear. "The frequency is increasing and so is the probability that new epidemics will break out all the time," explains the medical historian Karl-Heinz Leven. "That means we have arrived in an epidemic age."
Source: teleschau - der mediendienst GmbH
- What if you could stop time
- Is Allah wrong
- How do you justify an arranged marriage
- What is a chiropractic adjustment
- How do I contact my dead grandfather
- Which comes first junior or sophomore
- Why do the iPhones change all the time
- Which essential oil helps with diabetes
- What do you like about Scottish foods
- Should I buy a treadmill?
- When do you feel alone?
- Which is a great job or business
- Politicians experience burnout
- What's your favorite Albuquerque pizzeria
- Where is the best place to retire in 2015?
- What are the characteristics of quality supervisors
- How many cells are there in multicellular organisms
- How do I become a powerful man
- Is Montreal a good city to live in
- Can Mountain Dew dissolve a rat?
- How do I learn to create perfumes
- What do you know about student life
- The people swore in the Middle Ages
- Do you have to get married