What are the warning signs of a relapse of alcoholism?
Our The brain stores these experiences and from now on recognizes a beer bottle or a wine glass as positive stimulus. Just looking at alcohol in photos can reactivate the addiction memory even after many years without alcohol. The desire for alcohol increases. And with it the risk of relapse. In therapy, alcoholics learn to deal with these stimuli. Researchers cannot yet say for sure whether our addiction memory can be completely erased. **
How are alcoholics treated? ***
“The first step is the most important,” say people who have been addicted to alcohol themselves. Convincing alcoholics to stop drinking is difficult. Get advice and tips on thishow to help others.
The sooner someone recognizes their problem, the better the chances of getting the disease under control. Important to know: In Germany, the social security agencies, i.e. health insurance or pension insurance, cover the therapy costs. The Treatment usually takes place in four steps:
It all starts with discussions with the experts at a counseling center. The point is to find out if you have a drinking problem and how big it is. Then the participants plan the next steps together.
Step two is withdrawal. The patient's body is detoxified on an outpatient basis in the therapy center or as an inpatient in the hospital. The addicts no longer drink alcohol. Your body often reacts to this with severe withdrawal symptoms - from sweating and tremors to convulsions and hallucinations. Since some of these symptoms can be life-threatening, doctors monitor the withdrawal.
Physical withdrawal is followed by mental weaning in a treatment center or hospital. In various therapies and self-help groups, those affected learn to live without alcohol again. The main thing is to understand the reasons for your own alcohol consumption and to practice alternative behaviors.
- Follow-up care:
Towards the end of the treatment, the patients clarify with their therapist how to proceed at home and at work. Often those affected have to rebuild their social network that they have neglected due to their addiction. Relapses are common and part of the learning process. That is why doctors and patients work together to define measures for an emergency.
In Germany there are more than 1,300 facilities that specialize in advising and treating people with addictions. If you Help because you have a problem yourself or are very worried about others, this advises you BZgA info phone - also anonymous:
Phone: 0221 892031
Mon - Thu 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri - Sun 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Is 36 too late to learn Mandarin
- How do we do the marriage registration online
- Is there someone who has never married
- Difficult is a hotel management course
- Who is paid more than they deserve?
- Do prawns taste differently than prawns
- Should the white supremacy only be described as terrorism
- Is an alloy stronger than steel theoretically possible?
- What is your favorite festival
- What is the best DMS for SMEs
- What are some types of severe weather
- What are the best Hollywood pirated films
- Why is India not the happiest country
- What are traditional values
- Can the iCloud lock be unlocked?
- What do interns do in biomedical engineering
- Why don't Americans like Europeans
- Why don't people like introverts
- When do people get cheap
- Is ICWA and CFA a good combination
- Is Skrillex a band or a person
- Why do engineers pay a low salary?
- What are your favorite pizza toppings
- Why do teenagers keep secrets