What kind of word is croissant
The word croissant means increasing 🌙. The croissant arrived in Portugal in the XIX century during the French invasion, says restaurateur Virgílio Gomes. Nevertheless, we owe this tasty invention to the Viennese bakers, says a legend. Another legend says that Queen Marie-Antoinette, who comes from Vienna, brought this delicacy to France in 1770. Well, no matter how it came about, you can't imagine France 🇫🇷 without croissants these days.
Now in Portugal you can get different ones croissants Variations, different shapes, different dough recipes or also in different fillings, whether sweet and / or salty- 🥐.
I know them here in Germany croissants from puff pastry. Here in Portugal there is a variation with a brioche dough. I like both of them. Unfortunately, I rarely see the Portuguese. Either once a year during our vacation or I have to go to the nearest Portuguese shop.
For this reason, you see, I've conjured up my own fantastic recipe. You don't want to believe it, the first attempt was a perfect hit. The family was thrilled and the first orders have already arrived.
- 35g yeast
- 80g sugar
- 40g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 ml milk
- 2 tbsp 🌻oil
- 500g Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp water
And off you go: just make the milk lukewarm in the microwave. Crumble the yeast in a small bowl, mix well with two tablespoons of sugar and the warm milk and then let stand for at least 5 minutes.
Now put the following ingredients together in a bowl and knead well: the flour, the remaining sugar, the salt, the oil, the butter and the egg. Add the yeast mixture during the kneading process. Now knead for at least 10 minutes and cover and let rise for 30 minutes. A warm place wouldn't hurt here. When the time is up, take the dough out of the bowl and roll out a long strip (approx. 25 x 70 cm) with the dough roller. Then cut the dough into 15cm x 2cm triangles with a pizza knife. Then roll up the croissants with the widest side.
Place the 🥐 on a baking tray, cover again with a cloth and let stand for an hour. Finally, mix the egg yolks with the water and carefully brush the croissants with it. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 ° for 20 minutes. Please make sure that the croissants do not get dark too quickly. My tip: after about 15 minutes, when the desired tan is achieved, cover with baking paper.
You can eat the croissants with butter, eat them with cheese and ham, you can eat them with a special self-made ice cream (also called “ovos moles” in portuguese), you can of course also just eat the croissants…. For breakfast, for lunch, for coffee and in the evening they always go.
I like it:
- Why do trade unions reject modernization
- What places should I visit in Sicily
- What is tax base accounting
- Can hospitals give you abortion pills
- Aubrey de Gray is clinically insane why
- A snake is considered a reptile
- What do the Han Chinese think of minorities?
- Walmart is a good job
- Why do they call them khakis
- What made the Vietnamese leave Cambodia?
- How do I look more feminine
- How is life at LBsim Delhi
- Why is Japan building so many robots
- How do you plan a writing project
- What is adulthood
- What does the Hawaii state flag mean
- Can teachers call students bold
- Are tattoos popular in China these days
- How did you become a sociopath
- Why are independent directors important
- Are there babies who never cry
- Are the rich morally responsible for poverty?
- When do you use an em hyphen
- Who are the best print service providers
- Which fabric doesn't smell after sweating?
- Why are you traveling to Italy
- What happened to RuneScape
- Is Ruth Bader Ginsburg inappropriately partisan?
- CBD oil works instantly
- What is socially responsible investing
- Is it profitable to start a restaurant in Bangalore?
- Someone stares at harassment Why
- How do we improve health literacy