Woody Allen is overrated
What do you like about Woody Allen's films?
A black picture, the title appears in white Windsor script, accompanied by a lively jazz melody. This is how almost all of Woody Allen's films begin, including his latest, "Café Society". In it, a young man (Jesse Eisenberg) from the New York Bronx tries his luck with the Hollywood agent uncle in L.A. (Steve Carell) and falls in love - of course - with his assistant (Kristen Stewart).
Although the film was largely positively received by critics, the director has probably not succeeded in creating a masterpiece. The STANDARD critic calls "Café Society" a "lesson on serenity". For the "New York Times" it is "an amusing little film with some inspired moments".
A life full of films
For a long time now, Woody Allen has cut the unbelievable cut of one film a year. In the course of more than 50 years of creative history, he has provided numerous classics in film history. "The city neurotic" with its innumerable time levels, "Manhattan", the story of the human chameleon "Zelig", "The Purple Rose of Cairo", in which the film suddenly spills over into real life, to name just a few. The director's late work is also impressive. "Match Point" marked the beginning of his European phase, the highlights of which were "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" and "Midnight in Paris".
Some of his actors got Oscar nominations and through his films
-winning, as most recently Cate Blanchett for her role in "Blue Jasmine". His last trick, the Amazon series "Crisis in Six Scenes", in which he plays alongside Miley Cyrus, among others, was not very graciously received by the reviews.
If there is still a generally positive consensus on Woody Allen's oeuvre, his private life has been causing discomfort for many for years. To this day, the allegations of abuse by his adopted daughter are a public topic at irregular intervals. He has been married to Soon-Yi Previn, the adopted daughter of his ex-wife Mia Farrow, for almost 20 years.
Woody Allen's films: must-sees?
Which Woody Allen films are some of your favorite films? Which films have you disappointed? What is his style for you? (aan, November 21, 2016)
- Is cucumber good for breakfast
- There are free certification courses available online
- Why are pharma postgraduates underpaid
- What causes your lip to swell up by accident
- Love can arise from lust
- Which are the largest cities in Australia
- How is it going in Germany
- Can China take in Syrian refugees
- What do Australians complain about the most?
- What are some underpopulated places
- What topics should a startup blog talk about?
- How can I get less defensive?
- Fine arts is an issue
- Can you keep yourself from feeling pain?
- What's your ultimate omelette
- Makes Meftal Spas lighter periods
- What is normal construction
- Why are Korean men so tall
- Is it easy to learn how to program
- Will adoptive children ever become adoptive parents
- What are cultural faux pas
- Should I date a married man?
- Is it possible to delegate moral responsibility?
- Who needs a husband