What are the best diapers for babies
Which diaper for newborns?
It is best to get one or two diaper packages before the birth. And of course you wonder which diaper is best for newborns. This article is about disposable diapers that, once full, go to the trash. If you are considering using cloth diapers, we have compiled information about modern cloth diapers and the pros and cons here.
Note:Left with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links: If you click and shop there, I receive a commission. This does not change the price for you.As an Amazon partner, I earn from qualified sales.
What size diaper for newborns?
Most brands do Size 1 the right diaper size for newborns. The diaper size depends on the weight of the baby. Most brands use size 1 for babies between 2 and 5 kilograms recommended. On average, babies weigh between 3.3 and 3.5 kilograms at birth. A weight between 2.8 and 4.2 kilograms is considered normal.
Size 0 is recommended for babies who weigh between 1 and 2.5 kilograms and therefore only fits Premature baby.
Depending on the manufacturer, size 2 is recommended for babies between 3 and 6 kilograms or between 4 and 8 kilograms. For babies who are as big bummer can be born Size 2 so maybe already fit.
The diaper for newborns
If you look at the last consumer tests published by Stiftung Warentest and Ökotest on the subject of diapers, it seems easy to say which diaper is best for newborns. The clear test winners were the good old Pampers.
But I'll put one here for you too new diaper supplier which is new on the market and has therefore not yet been tested, so read on.
Diapers in the test
At Stiftung Warentest the last diaper test was a long time ago. 2005 The consumer advocates tested diapers for the last time and rated various Pampers diapers as "very good". You have to know that not all Pampers are created equal. There are different Pampers diapers for different age groups with different properties.
The Pampers Baby-Dry, which is already available in size 2, was also tested and included "very good" rated.
2018 also has Eco test published a diaper test. The size 4 diapers of different brands were compared.
Test winner was Pampers Baby-Dry again with the rating "very good".
If you are now happy that something is finally clear, this is the fly in the ointment. Unfortunately, Ökotest also found the Pampers Baby-Dry controversial paraffins and petroleum products. Everyone has to decide for themselves how problematic this is. Ökotest nevertheless chose the Pampers as the test winner, but it is understandable that many parents are looking for an alternative.
The right pampers for newborns
The right pampers for newborns Incidentally, it is more of the Pampers Premium Protection New Baby *. It was not tested because Ökotest only had size 4 tested, but you can probably assume that these newborn diapers are of a similar quality to the Pampers Baby-Dry.
The Pampers Premium Protection New Baby also has an extra navel-friendly fit to protect the sensitive navel and a urine indicator so that you can see from the outside whether it is time to change your diaper.
Pampers Premium Protection diapers, Gr. 1, half-month box (1 x 96 diapers)
- No. 1 in German maternity wards (based on sales of sizes 0, 1 and 2 in maternity wards in Germany in 2018)
- The Heart Quilts inner fleece feels even softer on baby skin and optimally absorbs moisture
- Selected feather-soft materials for Pampers softest touch on baby's skin (does not contain feathers)
- The urine indicator shows when it might be time for a fresh diaper
- Diapers with air channels for up to 12 hours of breathable dryness
- Navel-friendly fit for newborns
Little Big Change Diapers
This new diaper supplier was not included in the tests. Little Big Change is originally from France and is now also available in Germany and Austria.
The diapers do not contain many problematic additives: They contain 0% chlorine, 0% perfume, 0% without allergens and, according to the manufacturer, are 100% safe and skin-friendly.
Little Big Change diapers are made in Germany and can score with many seals of approval:
- ÖKO-Tex Standard 100 certified
- dermatest® passed with 5 stars Cotton-Enhanced (i.e. they are made of premium quality cotton.)
- FSC seal of approval (The cellulose comes from sustainably managed forests.)
- Packaging made from 40% -60% renewable raw materials: "I'm green" and "OK biobased" awards!
- made with 100% green electricity
According to the manufacturer, these diapers keep baby's bottom dry for up to 12 hours.
You can order Little Big Change online and get it delivered to your home free of charge as part of a flexible subscription with freely selectable delivery intervals.
You can find out more here: Little Big Change diapers *
While looking for a harmless diaper, we came across Lillydoo. Lillydoo is a fairly new diaper brand that was started by a midwife. According to Lillydoo, the diapers are free of everything our skin does not like. There are no perfumes or lotions in the diaper.
In the Ökotest report, the laboratory criticized that the diapers leaked a little and did not absorb the liquid quickly enough, but the parents who had been assigned to Lillydoo in the practical test found it "good".
If you want to try out Lillydoo diapers, you can have a free test package sent to you, which contains 10 diapers as well as wet wipes without perfume and PEGs-free.
The diaper pulp is biodegradable and 100% comes from FSC®-certified forests. This seal guarantees that the wood's ingredients come from responsibly managed forests.
In order to still make the diaper drinkable, Lillydoo also uses conventional fabrics if the eco-variant is less effective. For example, they use microfine absorbent beads (SAP) just like normal diapers.
More good diapers
Other diapers that were rated "good" by Ökotest and are free of harmful substances were:
- Müller Beauty Baby Premium diapers
- Good & cheap premium diapers from Edeka
- Wonder bears diapers from Real
If you want to read the detailed results for all diapers, you can find the complete Ökotest test report 2018 here.
You might be interested in that too
During the nest-building period, there are lots of tips that make everyday life with a baby more beautiful and easier. Did you know that there are toys for newborns that appeal to the baby's hearing and impaired vision? You can find out more about this in the article on baby toys for newborns. Montessori mobiles are also used to support the development of vision in the first few months. For slightly older babies, we have put together lists of useful baby toys from 3 months and from 6 months.
- Why is numbness in my head
- Do restaurant managers mind being asked
- How does EI affect income tax?
- How many Muslims live in Nigeria
- Removes ammonia grease from clothing
- How does Lazada's free shipping work
- Why do my eggs start to smell
- Which course is best if you are doing bca
- Are all families dysfunctional
- Who is greater Karna or Arjuna
- How do you get old and happy
- What are the fees at Jadavpur University
- Why do children prefer to play than study?
- Why are people offended by ideas
- How beneficial is SEO for small businesses
- What is the Dravidian language
- What is the story of KPMG
- Did tomboy ever think you were transgender?
- Why are teachers, police and fire brigade underpaid
- Which is your best oops snapshot
- What do South Africans think of Portugal
- Web development is very difficult to learn
- Is the libertarian party viable
- What are the cutest historical pictures ever